The eCult Observatory is a platform for cultural heritage institutions and technology providers. It allows technology providers (from EU proejcts or SMEs) to propose their solutions and heritage institutions to showcase their implementations. It provides a knowledge environment for all cultural heritage stakeholders interested in information and comminication technologies (ICT).
The eCultObservatory welcomes the participation of all eCult stakeholders. Please register here.
The eCult Observatory provides a knowledge environment for new technologies that help accessing and experiencing cultural heritage content.
- The Tech Catalogue: showcases exemplary technical impementations in cultural heritage organisations and technical solutions available to further improve these
- The Ambassadors: are professionals (researchers, museum curators, company executives, consultants) who act as intermediaries / brokers between technology suppliers and cultural heritage organisations
- The Events: inform about eCult events and provide a calendar of cultural conferences in which the eCult Observatory is represented
- The Library: provides relevant documents and links as well as a list of European projects in the cultural sector (EU Corner)
- The eCult Community: is a LinkeIn discussion group and social networks for knowledge and experience exchange amongst eCult stakeholders
- The eMuseum Eye: is an online Journal providing information related to ICT and cultural heritage
The eCult Observatory is the on-line portal of the eCultValue project, co-funded by the ICT programme of FP7 of the European Commission.